Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Work At Home Jobs, that DIDN'T work for ME!

In my endeavor to work from home, there have been MANY MANY failures. I have been disappointed soooooo many times I can't even count.
My first attempt to work from home was Processing Hud and VA refunds. I found an ad in the paper, and WOW was I in for a surprise! I had two small children at the time and I was running to the Court House in downtown Tulsa several times per week. I had to look up land deeds and the like to locate my leads. It was awful! I also had to have strangers in my home and even made a house call or two. I hated it! I spent more money than I ever made with that.
I then attempted babysitting for a neighbor's child, that didn't like my children and that was a bust! Plus, I NEVER GOT PAID!
I tried baby sitting another neighborhood child, and he was an amazing baby! We liked him a lot. Problem was, the mommy didn't pay, so I had to stop watching him.
I then tried assembling crafts from home. I had fun with this one. I stuffed and sewed teddy bears, and I put together Christmas ornaments, and did other crafts. Oh, how fun it was, until I got a letter that "the quality didn't meet our expectations, and you will not be paid for the items you crafted". Okay, so that not only hurt MY FEELINGS, but again, not paid. By the way, my best friend did this with me. She is a professional seamstress. Her quality wasn't good enough to get paid either.
Hmmmmm. Scam? I think so.
I then put an ad in the paper to do "typing". The only one who answered my ad was a perv that wanted to buy "undergarments" from me. I called the police and they laughed. :( .
I then attempted babysitting for a neighbor child, that worked out okay for a couple of years. Only before and after school, so I didn't get rich. I think the girl ate more than I ever got paid.
Then I refurbished computers and sold a few, ended up with more than I sold, so gave them away to neighbor kids.
I tried an ebay store. That was fun, but I didn't like having to go to the post office all the time or packaging up items. Have you ever tried to package up a large gift basket? UPS kept insisting I put in more peanuts, I thought the thing would get to the lady crushed. I wrote "FRAGILE" all over the box, and gently handed it to the lady behind the counter. I advised her of the contents and told her it was "fragile", assuming she wouldn't read the box. She looked at me and asked "It is fragile?" I affirmed. Then I was shocked to see her just "throw" the box on the belt as she said, "Okay, have a nice day!"
I just stood there wondering what damage had been done to my beautiful masterpiece.
So that ended the ebay business.
I then had annual garage sales, but that wasn't enough to keep my children in clothing and shoes.
So I went out and got a "real job".
I'm still on the quest to completely work from home! I hope that is soon, although, I am loving my job right now. So may stick around for a bit longer.
Remember to visit my site and sign up for your own FREE Power Mall!
http://www.mypowermalliscool.com/

No comments: